Following the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, young people will be faced with a very challenging labour market. This is supported by clear emerging evidence that young people are being disproportionately impacted through unemployment and a significant reduction in apprenticeship opportunities. World class careers guidance coupled with high impact support, linked to the local economy, is arguably now more critical than ever. The January 2021 Skills for Jobs White Paper further highlights that colleges have a key role in boosting productivity, strengthening communities, and suppprting individuals.
AoC are working with the Careers and Enterprise company to provide resources, webinars and information for the leaders, governors and careers guidance professionals in the FE sector to help support colleges in their careers guidance offer.
Resources and Guides
- New Career Development Framework
- Further Education and skills
- Career Leaders Training Programmes
- Frequently Asked Questions for Further Education
- Careers Leadership in Colleges: Supporting learners through a ‘whole college’ approach
- Connect: Bringing together the College Careers Community
- Connect Spring 2021 edition: Bringing together the College Careers Community