Following the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, young people will be faced with a very challenging labour market. This is supported by clear emerging evidence that young people are being disproportionately impacted through unemployment and a significant reduction in apprenticeship opportunities. World class careers guidance coupled with high impact support, linked to the local economy, is arguably now more critical than ever. The January 2021 Skills for Jobs White Paper further highlights that colleges have a key role in boosting productivity, strengthening communities, and suppprting individuals.
AoC are working with the Careers and Enterprise company to provide resources, webinars and information for the leaders, governors and careers guidance professionals in the FE sector to help support colleges in their careers guidance offer.
Join the College Careers Community. CEC are encouraging colleagues within FE to join a virtual community to share best practice and resources to drive innovation in careers education.
Resources and Guides
- Careers Education: A guide for governors
- New Career Development Framework
- Further Education and skills
- Career Leaders Training Programmes
- Frequently Asked Questions for Further Education
- Careers Leadership in Colleges: Supporting learners through a ‘whole college’ approach
- Online resource and support for Governors
- Online resource and support for Education Leaders
- Careers Awareness online modules for Education Leaders
- Careers Awareness online modules for Governors