- About Us
- About Association of Colleges
- AoC Governance
- AoC Regions
- AoC Charitable Trust
- AoC Sport
- Our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Work
- Our Climate and Sustainability Work
- Our Work Across the Four Nations
- AoC National Chairs' Council
- Work for AoC
- About Colleges
- Corporate Services
- Data Protection/GDPR
Employment Services - college workforce
- Employment Services - college workforce
- Introduction & Employment Helpline
- Absence & Sickness Management
- Contracts and T&Cs
- Disciplinary, Capability & Grievance
- Employment Briefings Library
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- General Employee Relations & HR Issues
- Industrial Relations
- ONS reclassification related guidance
- Pay & Pensions
- Redundancy, Restructuring & TUPE
- Workforce Benchmarking, Surveys & Research
- Get Involved!
- The 5Rs Approach to GCSE Maths Resits
- Apprenticeship Workforce Development (AWD) Programme
- Creating a Greener London – Sustainable Construction Skills
- Erasmus+ EXPECT Project
- Digital Roles Across Non-digital Industries
- T Level and T Level Foundation Year Provider Support Programme
- The Valuing Enrichment Project
- Higher and Extended Project Qualifications
- OfS - Higher Education Social Prescribing Project
- Pears Foundation Youth Social Action Programme: Phase 2
- Pears #Iwill Youth Social Action Apprenticeship Project
- T Level Professional Development (TLPD) Offer
- T Level Curriculum Macro-Sequencing
- Contact the Projects Team
- Sustainability & Climate Action Hub
- Honours Nomination
- Recruitment & Consultancy
Events & Training
- Events & Training
- T Level & T Level Foundation Year Events
- Network Meetings
- Annual Conference & Exhibition 2023 Resources
- Previous Events & Webinars
- In-House Training
- Senior Leadership Development Programme
- Introducing AoC's Early Career and Experienced Middle Managers Programme
- Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
- Funding & Finance
- Meet the Policy Team
- Policy Areas
- Policy Briefings
- Policy Papers & Reports
- AoC Strategy Groups
AoC Reference Groups
- AoC Reference Groups
- Adults (inc. ESOL) Reference Group
- Apprenticeship Reference Group
- Technology Reference Group
- HE Reference Group
- 14-16 Reference Group
- Mental Health Reference Group
- 16-18 Reference Group
- SEND Reference Group
- WorldSkills Reference Group
- HR Reference Group
- Sustainability & Climate Change Reference Group
- EDI Reference Group
- Research Unit
News, Campaigns & Parliament
- News, Campaigns & Parliament
- Comms advice and resources for colleges
- Contact the Communications, Media, Marketing and Research Team
- AoC Newsroom
- AoC Blogs
- Work in Parliament
- AoC Campaigns
- Love Our Colleges
Become a Member
Full membership of the Association of Colleges is open to:
- colleges incorporated under the Further and Higher Education Act 1992 or the Education Reform Act 1988; or
- colleges created by either the Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills or by the Secretary of State for Education
If your college does not fit either of these categories, it may still be eligible to subscribe to AoC. Please contact the membership office for further information on how to join AoC.
As your representative body, we will:
- Influence Government and local and national policymakers to create the environment for strong and sustainable colleges at the heart of the economy.
- Provide high-quality, professional support, advice and intelligence to meet the needs of every member.
- Champion and enhance the reputation of colleges and students.
- Be open and transparent, working with, and for, all members.
- Provide all members with a seamless service that is professional, proactive and responsive across the whole organisation.
Our strategic aims
We have set four clear strategic aims which will be the focus of our work in the future:
- Set the agenda for positive policy changes.
- Develop a high profile and strong reputation for colleges.
- Deliver expert support, advice and intelligence for members.
- Develop a strong, sustainable, ambitious and transparent representative body for members.
How we will achieve this
- Work with you in developing policy and enhancing the profile and reputation of colleges.
- Set clear long-term priorities for our work with robust measures and accountability processes through our governance structure.
- Work in partnership with a range of other organisations that can support and add value to our work.
- Maintain a team of professional and skilled people across the country to provide you with the services and support you need.
- Communicate openly and transparently in our work, making sure you are kept up to date with expert, timely and relevant information.