Colleges may be subject to telephone spot checks from HSE to get a view on how risks are being managed and how staff and students are being kept safe. We don't yet have a definitive list of questions, but we can share some feedback from schools about potential themes to help you to prepare:
- Does the school have a risk assessment for Covid-19?
- Who was involved in developing the risk assessment?
- Were trades unions involved?
- How would you judge your school on controlling the risks of Covid-19?
- What would you do if:
- a parent told you they had tested positive?
- a student was tested positive?
- a member of staff tested positive?
- List changes to allow for 2m social distancing
- What is the school doing re cleaning?
- Do you have areas that are 'high touch points' and what is happening in those areas?
- Does everyone have access to handwashing facilities?
- Is there hand-santiser (at least 70% alcohol) freely available around school?
- How many staff are in school?
- How confident are you that staff can keep their recommended 2m social distance?
Updated 9 September 2020