About AoC Sport
- About AoC Sport
- Who We Are
- AoC Sport Strategic Framework 2023-2028
- Commercial partners and Affiliates
- Our Members & Associates
- Join AoC Sport
- Leagues & Cups
- Open Golf Championships
- Regional Tournaments
- National Championships
- National Representative Teams
- Fitness Trainer Competition
- AoC Sport Points
- AoC Sport Athletics
- Get Involved
- Student Leadership Programme
- Active Environmental Sustainability in Colleges
- FE Youth Collective
- AoC Sport Introducing
- Football Development
- Virtual Challenges
- Support & Influence
- News & Insights
- Member Area
- Meetings & Networks
- Skills, Jobs and Local Economy Reports
- Insight & Data
- Project Reports & Case Studies
- Sport and Inspection Resource Hub
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Teaching and Learning Resource Hub
- 2024 National Championships
How to engage volunteers
This section includes links to resources that partners have created that provide advice on engaging volunteers from different groups of society.
Lessons of Street Games Young Volunteers, in which we share over 12 years of learning about ‘what works’ when encouraging disadvantaged young people to volunteer and take social action.
Sport England have compiled series of questions and answers relating to volunteering, including:
- Volunteering Q&A support page - designed to help your organisation or project create a more enjoyable, meaningful volunteering experience for your volunteers
- Guidance on planning and organising volunteering projects
- Diversity and volunteering.
The Sport and Recreation Alliance website provides:
- Tips on how to recruit and retain volunteers
- Research into the value of sport volunteers
- GIVERS - groundbreaking behavioural science research, into what drives people to volunteer, and what keeps them from doing so.
NCVO's involving volunteers section of their website is practical and step by step guidance to help you manage volunteers and the process of volunteering well.
Vinspired Awards - a free way for young people aged 14-30 to find volunteering roles, to track their volunteering experience and to celebrate their achievements with colleges, universities and employers.