AoC Sport runs sport, network and training events for our member colleges, staff and students. Our events range from high-profile national conferences for senior college management, to bespoke training programmes.
AoC Sport National Conference
Thursday 16 June 2022 | 09:15-16:30
De Vere Jubilee Conference Centre, Nottingham
For the full programme and booking details click here
AoC Sport Conference offers the opportunity for staff from across the FE sector to develop their thinking around how to further progress sport and physical activity in their college.
Delegates will have the choice to attend breakout sessions from across all four strands of our work - competition, sports development, football development and curriculum & policy - as well as take part in networking discussions, hear from our keynote speakers and meet with a range of organisations and suppliers as part of our conference exhibition.
Some of this year’s breakout topics are set to include:
- Building local partnerships that can add value to your college’s football provision.
- Utilising different approaches to develop student employability links in sport, as well as examples of college/employer partnerships that have provided additional training opportunities for students.
- How accessing funding through the Turing Scheme has helped colleges to promote social mobility through international work placements.
- Examples of regional and national programmes designed to enhance the experience for student ambassadors and volunteers, including a session on how football is empowering the next generation of Black, Asian and historically underrepresented leaders.
- Developing competitive opportunities through AoC Sport, National Governing Body programmes and creating an offer for disabled students.
Other areas of discussion will focus on teaching and learning, sustainability in sport, inspection, mental health, and equality, diversity & inclusion.
If you have any questions about the event, please contact Rachel Walker
We operate network meetings in each of the nine AoC Sport regions to give member colleges the opportunity to discuss key issues and share ideas. Heads of Sport and Operations Group meetings take place each term.
We offer a growing programme of training and development opportunities for college staff and students through the AoC Sport Leadership Academy.
For more details please contact Kirstie Hickson.