About AoC Sport
- About AoC Sport
- Who We Are
- AoC Sport Strategic Framework 2023-2028
- Commercial partners and Affiliates
- Our Members & Associates
- Join AoC Sport
- Leagues & Cups
- Open Golf Championships
- Regional Tournaments
- National Championships
- National Representative Teams
- Fitness Trainer Competition
- AoC Sport Points
- AoC Sport Athletics
- Get Involved
- Student Leadership Programme
- Active Environmental Sustainability in Colleges
- FE Youth Collective
- AoC Sport Introducing
- Football Development
- Virtual Challenges
- Support & Influence
- News & Insights
- Member Area
- Meetings & Networks
- Skills, Jobs and Local Economy Reports
- Insight & Data
- Project Reports & Case Studies
- Sport and Inspection Resource Hub
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Teaching and Learning Resource Hub
- 2024 National Championships
Colleges are a key provider of the professional and volunteer workforce for sport – each year around 80,000 students study an industry-related sport qualification at college and 25,000 students regularly volunteer in sport programmes at college.
We work with partners such as Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA), ukactive, employers and awarding organisations to ensure and promote a clear line of sight to employment.
Sport and physical activity plays an important role in developing the skills of all students, not just those studying sport. There is increasing evidence linking sport participation to enhanced employability skills and increased earnings in later life.
- We support colleges to develop employability skills and promote character education using sport and physical activity as a tool.
- We closely monitor Ofsted reports to identify themes in inspection.
- We share examples from Ofsted reports in which sport and physical activity has been identified as having a positive influence on the inspection outcome.