About AoC Sport
- About AoC Sport
- Who We Are
- Our Strategy
- Our Members & Associates
- Join AoC Sport
- Leagues & Cups
- Open Golf Championships
- Regional Tournaments
- National Championships
- National Representative Teams
- Fitness Trainer Competition
- Get Involved
- Leadership Academy
- AoC Sport Introducing
- Virtual Challenges
- Football Development
- Support & Influence
- News & Insights
- Member Area
- Meetings & Networks
What is Para Dance UK?
Para Dance UK is the national governing body for Para Dance Sport in the UK. Their aim is to develop and promote dance as a sport and an inclusive leisure activity across the country for those who would otherwise be excluded.
They have a network of instructors trained in Inclusive dance by Para DanceUK, and several affiliated open access dance groups across the UK. Pre Covid these groups ran dance activities regularly with an average of 402 people participating every week.
Para Dance UK aim to ensure that everyone with a disability has the chance to enjoy the benefits of participating, creating, socialising and competing in dance. Para Dance UK work to remove barriers to participation and to promote and increase the availability of Inclusive Dance. Challenging attitudes and norms in the movement and dance community, and building a national network of highly trained dance instructors to widen access to dance for people with disabilities, wherever they are in the UK.
Their dance activities can be defined as:
– Inclusive and Social Dance: Fun and engaging dance classes, open to all, and participation opportunities for people with disabilities to access a variety of dance styles.
– Competitive and elite sport: Para Dance Sport is Competitive Freestyle, Ballroom and Latin dance for solo and duo wheelchair dancers and ‘combi’ – a partnership of one standing and one wheelchair dancer.
For more information on Para Dance UK, you can access more information at www.paradance.org.uk
How can colleges get involved?
Colleges can book a trained instructors to come out to your organisation and deliver inclusive dance activity to your students. If you are interested you can download the Activity Booking Form with as much detail as you can and send it to email@example.com.
Para Dance UK have an all-new free membership. This is for people looking to support the charity in helping to promote activities in their area, fundraise for/with us or just wanting monthly news and updates from Para Dance UK. As part of the free membership you will receive:
- Monthly e-newsletters with information and updates from Para Dance UK and our partners.
- Alerts on new dance classes/groups in your area.
- Opportunities to fundraise for Para Dance UK.
How can students get involved?
If students are interested in getting involved in Para Dance but your college doesn’t offer anything currently. There is an easy-to-use Find A Group page you can find all the local groups and instructors in your area by simply typing in your postcode.