This Girl Can Ambassadors
The purpose of the programme is to recruit and develop This Girl Can Ambassadors to promote, inspire and support other females within their colleges to participate in sport and physical activity.
This Girl Can Ambassadors come from various backgrounds and life experiences. They work together as activists, influencers, coaches, and supporters to break down barriers and empower other girls in their college to be active.
There is a limit of two* Ambassadors that can be recruited per programme. Each individual student can only be involved in one of our Ambassador or Activator programmes.
Some examples of the different initiatives that This Girl Can Ambassadors have delivered in their college:
- Setting up a 6 week self defence course for students
- Opening and promoting female only gym sessions as lunch time activities
- Running 24 hour sportathon, raising money for local charities
- Creating posters and promotional materials on the This Girl Can campaign
- Conducting a survey to find out barriers and motivations of girls at the college
*If colleges wish to house more ambassadors and activators due to the size of the college, number of campuses or college group we advise you consider the amount of support you will be able to provide these students to ensure they have a positive experience and contact us to discuss the options.
‘Because of the volunteering and been this girl can ambassador, 2 of my universities enabled me to apply for a merit based scholarship.’
To successfully fulfil the role students should be able to commit to the following:
- Promote, support and inspire other young females in their college to be active
- Raise awareness of the This Girl Can campaign
- Complete online training
- Work with their College Staff Lead to monitor any participants engaged in any activity that they have been involved in delivering or promoting
- Complete a personal development survey at the end of the academic year
- Use their college social media to post about activities and campaigns
Benefits for Ambassadors
To support them in their role all Inclusion Ambassadors will:
- Be invited to attend three in-person training and connection events across the academic year
- Have access to online training
- Have the opportunity to apply for funding to support any projects or campaigns they are delivering
- Be provided with kit
Benefits for colleges
- Develop a volunteer workforce to better promote provision for female students
- Improved promotion of female activity provision
- Personal and employability skills developed by Ambassadors
How to get involved
To be involved colleges must be signed up to the AoC Sport Leadership Academy. To register your college, please complete this sign-up form.