About AoC Sport
- About AoC Sport
- Who We Are
- AoC Sport Strategic Framework 2023-2028
- Commercial partners and Affiliates
- Our Members & Associates
- Join AoC Sport
- Leagues & Cups
- Open Golf Championships
- Regional Tournaments
- National Championships
- National Representative Teams
- Fitness Trainer Competition
- AoC Sport Points
- AoC Sport Athletics
- Get Involved
- Student Leadership Programme
- Active Environmental Sustainability in Colleges
- FE Youth Collective
- AoC Sport Introducing
- Football Development
- Virtual Challenges
- Support & Influence
- News & Insights
- Member Area
- Meetings & Networks
- Skills, Jobs and Local Economy Reports
- Insight & Data
- Project Reports & Case Studies
- Sport and Inspection Resource Hub
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Teaching and Learning Resource Hub
- 2024 National Championships
Summer College Rugby opportunities
20th April 2022
Rugby Age Grade Development Days 2022
England Rugby are running a number of Age Grade Development Days this June, open to all staff from Member colleges, and are free to attend.
The development days will be delivered by the England Rugby Game Development team, performance coaches and referees and will include topics including; Principles of Scrum and Lineout and refereeing the tackle and contact area.
- 9th June – Worcester Warriors
- 22nd June – Millfield School
- 7th June – Reigate Grammar
- 15th June – Latymer School
- 8th June – Loughborough College
- 23rd June – St Joseph’s College
- 16th June – Newcastle Kingston Park
- 21st June – Stockport Grammar
All sessions run from 0900-1600
England Rugby Introduction to Contact Courses 2022
England Rugby are putting on their ‘introduction to contact (“Kids First contact”) courses’ FREE for college staff and students across the country this summer. The courses are aimed at those delivering Xrugby (their reduced contact format), those new to delivering contact rugby or those supporting delivery of the contact game.
England Rugby recommends that anyone delivering contact rugby is suitably qualified and the kids first contact course is the minimum level expected.
Courses are 6-hours and cover how to safely introduce and referee the tackle, scrum (3 player scrum) and the contact areas with modules on player safety, refereeing and core values.
The Courses are free and can be booked here.
Win tickets to London 7s at the end of May
As the Age Grade season comes to an end on the 2nd May, England Rugby are asking colleges in the regional leagues to use xRugby to support the playing of the game, showcasing its flexibility and ease in a fun and social way to wrap up the year then post on social media. Whether you have 1, 2 or more games to play, reach out to the opposition and look to plan a game of xRugby why not make it a triangular event.
To support you England Rugby are offering a chance to win tickets to the London 7’s weekend May 28th – 29th.
How to win?
- Colleges in the regional league, hold an XRugby game/session – using 5s, 7s, or 10 a side rules over the last two weeks of the season.
- Keep it social
- Keep it fun
- Keep it safe
- Get a group pic at the end of the session + any other fun and creative posts.
- Share on Twitter @engrugcolleges @aocsport using #XRugby AND #EnglandRugby
- Be creative – posts with the most engagement and that Xfactor are in for a chance to win a set of tickets to the London 7’s.
Winning entries will receive 20 tickets to the London 7s
- College winners will have tickets in the family section.