About AoC Sport
- About AoC Sport
- Who We Are
- AoC Sport Strategic Framework 2023-2028
- Commercial partners and Affiliates
- Our Members & Associates
- Join AoC Sport
- Leagues & Cups
- Open Golf Championships
- Regional Tournaments
- National Championships
- National Representative Teams
- Fitness Trainer Competition
- AoC Sport Points
- AoC Sport Athletics
- Get Involved
- Student Leadership Programme
- Active Environmental Sustainability in Colleges
- FE Youth Collective
- AoC Sport Introducing
- Football Development
- Virtual Challenges
- Support & Influence
- News & Insights
- Member Area
- Meetings & Networks
- Skills, Jobs and Local Economy Reports
- Insight & Data
- Project Reports & Case Studies
- Sport and Inspection Resource Hub
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Teaching and Learning Resource Hub
- 2024 National Championships
National finalists chosen for WorldSkills UK Fitness Trainer Competition 2021
10th September 2021
We are pleased to announce the top eight personal trainers who have qualified for the WorldSkills UK Fitness Trainer National Final, sponsored by Active IQ.
Competitors have been competing since March 2021 and they have had to complete the following, as judged by our expert team:
- Passive stage - consisting of a promotional video and a series of competency questions, thus shortlisting the top 30 highest performing competitors for the National Qualifier.
- National Qualifier - consisting of a session plan submission, a digital personal training session and digitally demonstrating hard skills.
The top eight competitors who scored highest in the National Qualifier have been invited to attend the National Finals, where they will be challenged beyond their standard education, training and assessment as a personal trainer.
The competition will take place from 12 to 14 November 2021 at Loughborough College.
Angus Milligan, Competition Manager, said: “The sector adapted to virtual delivery over the pandemic, which has proven to be an essential skill for the modern fitness trainer, as clients have experienced the convenience of home workouts.
“For this reason, we decided to continue an element of virtual delivery and once again the competitors impressed the judging team at the National Qualifier with their creative virtual home personal trainer sessions.”
“The eight Personal Trainers from the National Qualifier have been invited to attend the National Final. This will be our first in person Fitness Trainer event since the WSUK National Final in November 2019. The organising staff and judging team are very excited to be back running the competition in person and cannot wait to welcome the finalists and see them live in action.”
“This year’s competitors have already shown lots of talent, dedication and creativity, so we are sure this year’s final is going to be one to get excited about. We wish all the competitors the best of luck in the final and their future careers!”
Find out more about the Fitness Trainer Competition and how to enter.