About AoC Sport
- About AoC Sport
- Who We Are
- AoC Sport Strategic Framework 2023-2028
- Commercial partners and Affiliates
- Our Members & Associates
- Join AoC Sport
- Leagues & Cups
- Open Golf Championships
- Regional Tournaments
- National Championships
- National Representative Teams
- Fitness Trainer Competition
- AoC Sport Points
- AoC Sport Athletics
- Get Involved
- Student Leadership Programme
- Active Environmental Sustainability in Colleges
- FE Youth Collective
- AoC Sport Introducing
- Football Development
- Virtual Challenges
- Support & Influence
- News & Insights
- Member Area
- Meetings & Networks
- Skills, Jobs and Local Economy Reports
- Insight & Data
- Project Reports & Case Studies
- Sport and Inspection Resource Hub
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Teaching and Learning Resource Hub
- 2024 National Championships
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
9th September 2022
Everyone at AoC Sport is deeply saddened following the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Official guidance has now been received regarding playing of sport in the coming days and DCMS has confirmed that there is no formal obligation for organisations to postpone or cancel sporting fixtures or events, at either elite or grassroots level, between now and the State Funeral.
Decisions will remain at the discretion of individual organisations and sports to consider how they should proceed during the mourning period. AoC Sport considers these decisions are best left to individual colleges and teams to decide how best they wish to proceed with their scheduled games.
DCMS do advise that if events are held, organisers may wish to hold a period of silence and/or play the National Anthem at the start of events or sporting fixtures, and participants may wish to wear black armbands as a mark of respect.
With regards to college sports fixtures on Wednesday 14 September, AoC Sport teams should follow the usual protocols for confirming fixtures.