Applications open for Ambassador Leadership programmes
22nd September 2020
Colleges are now invited to apply for our three exciting Ambassador Leadership programmes this year. They must be signed up to the Leadership Academy to be involved but once registered colleges can choose which programme they want to be involved in.
This Girl Can AmbassadorsOnce again we are recruiting for our popular This Girl Can Ambassador programme. The Ambassadors will promote and inspire other females within their colleges to participate in sport and physical activity whilst raising awareness of the Sport England This Girl Can campaign. More details about what’s expected of an ambassador, the benefits to the college and how to get involved can be found on the This Girl Can Ambassador page.
Mental Health Ambassadors – new for 2020The Mental Health Ambassador programme is new for 2020/21 and has been developed in partnership with Mind to promote the physical activity benefits on mental health and wellbeing. The Ambassadors will support and encourage students experiencing mental health problems to become more active and promote local physical activity opportunities where relevant. Colleges signing up to this programme must be able to fully support their Ambassadors in the role and must be able to name a suitably trained member of staff to safeguard the wellbeing of each individual Ambassador. More details about what is required from the college, what we are looking for in the Ambassadors and how they will benefit can be found on the Mental Health Ambassador page.
Inclusive AmbassadorsAfter a successful first year we are recruiting Inclusive Ambassadors to promote and inspire disabled students within their colleges to participate in sport and physical activity. The Ambassadors will be used as the voice of young people to champion not only disability specific activity, but also inclusive activity. More details about the programme can be found on the Inclusive Ambassador page.
How to get involvedThe application process for all Ambassador Leadership Programmes will close at 5pm on Friday 13 November. Please follow this process to access each area of the Ambassador programme:
- Step 1 – Colleges must sign up to the Leadership Academy to be involved in the Ambassador programmes. To register your college, please complete this sign-up form.
- Step 2 - Colleges choose which Ambassador Leadership Programmes they'd like to be involved in (This Girl Can/Inclusive/Mental Heath Ambassadors roles - please note we would prefer that students only perform one ambassador role).
- Step 3 - Colleges identify specific students suited to each ambassador role (Max numbers - 2 x This girl Can Ambassadors, 2 x Inclusive Ambassadors, 5 x Mental Health Ambassadors - larger colleges or colleges with numerous campuses can request further Ambassadors)
- Step 4 - Once colleges have selected their ambassador team, the names and contact email addresses should be passed to the college Leadership Academy lead who will then email each student the link to our ambassador registration form for each of them to complete.
- Step 5 - Students should then register to specific Ambassador programme using the link provided by their college Leadership Academy staff lead
- Step 6 - AoC Sport will contact colleges and students confirming Ambassadors and the next steps