About AoC Sport
- About AoC Sport
- Who We Are
- AoC Sport Strategic Framework 2023-2028
- Commercial partners and Affiliates
- Our Members & Associates
- Join AoC Sport
- Leagues & Cups
- Open Golf Championships
- Regional Tournaments
- National Championships
- National Representative Teams
- Fitness Trainer Competition
- AoC Sport Points
- AoC Sport Athletics
- Get Involved
- Student Leadership Programme
- Active Environmental Sustainability in Colleges
- FE Youth Collective
- AoC Sport Introducing
- Football Development
- Virtual Challenges
- Support & Influence
- News & Insights
- Member Area
- Meetings & Networks
- Skills, Jobs and Local Economy Reports
- Insight & Data
- Project Reports & Case Studies
- Sport and Inspection Resource Hub
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Teaching and Learning Resource Hub
- 2024 National Championships
AoC Sport Introducing – British Mountaineering Council and Mountain Training
30th May 2022
AoC Sport Introducing campaign: British Mountaineering Council and Mountain Training
We are pleased to introduce Mountaineering as part of the AoC Sport Introducing campaign with dedicated information for colleges on how to get staff and students involved.
The British Mountaineering Council (BMC) is the representative body that exists to protect the freedoms and promote the interests of climbers, hill walkers and mountaineers, including ski-mountaineers.
The BMC run a programme and website called 'Get Climbing' (https://www.get-climbing.co.uk) Get Climbing provides all those who sign up with a comprehensive guide to what you need and need to know as well as a newsletter providing the latest updates from the sector.
They also provide a series of courses and educational materials to upskill students and staff in all things Climbing, walking and Mountaineering.
Colleges can become members and access an array of offers and training to provide to staff and their learners. For More information visit our AoC Sport Introducing Pages and click the Mountaineering button.