About AoC Sport
- About AoC Sport
- Who We Are
- AoC Sport Strategic Framework 2023-2028
- Commercial partners and Affiliates
- Our Members & Associates
- Join AoC Sport
- Leagues & Cups
- Open Golf Championships
- Regional Tournaments
- National Championships
- National Representative Teams
- Fitness Trainer Competition
- AoC Sport Points
- AoC Sport Athletics
- Get Involved
- Student Leadership Programme
- Active Environmental Sustainability in Colleges
- FE Youth Collective
- AoC Sport Introducing
- Football Development
- Virtual Challenges
- Support & Influence
- News & Insights
- Member Area
- Meetings & Networks
- Skills, Jobs and Local Economy Reports
- Insight & Data
- Project Reports & Case Studies
- Sport and Inspection Resource Hub
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Teaching and Learning Resource Hub
- 2024 National Championships
AoC Sport Introducing campaign: Archon Fitness Rating (AFR)
10th January 2022
We are pleased to introduce the Archon Fitness Rating as part of the AoC Sport Introducing campaign with dedicated information for colleges on how to get staff and students involved.
Archon created the first ever rating for fitness (AFR), allowing everyone to understand their fitness and what it could mean for them in the future. Creating a universal fitness rating means that everyone will have the ability to see how fit they are, and once armed with that information, what that could possibly lead too.
As part of the AFR, there is a handicap built within the rating (similar to golf). Everyone will be rated on their physical ability via the BIG10 on an equal footing, taking into account height, weight, age and gender to give a number based purely on performance.
This stops the comparison against the unachievable standards of others.
- 30/30 Row
- Deadlift (10 reps, 1 minute)
- Squat (10 reps, 1 minute)
- Push Press (10 reps, 1 minute)
- Bench Press (10 reps, 1 minute)
- 12 minute Cooper run
- 3 minute cycle (Watts or Metres)
- Burpee Up/Down (3 minute max reps)
- Box Jumps (3 minute mac reps)
- Butterfly Sit-Ups (3 minute max reps)
How can Colleges get involved?
Archon are offering access to their platform and the AFR for everyone at your college once you have opted in.
That means, every student and staff member in your college will have access to the rating by doing the simple BIG10 movements. You will also get access to downloadable frames that you can add your college, or college team logo too that you can share on social media.
Opting in will allow your college to enter into mass participation and national in person competitions competing against other colleges as part of AoC Sport or Archon.
There will be four stages of competition;
- Mass participation – Everyone completes the AFR by completing the BIG10
- The announcement – this is the cut off date when everyone submits their final AFR scores
- Regionals held to find the top 64 athletes in each region.
- Final – The top athletes will compete head to head at a live final to find out who is the Fittest student.
Visit the Archon – AFR webpage here: Archon Fitness Rating – AoC Sport