About AoC Sport
- About AoC Sport
- Who We Are
- AoC Sport Strategic Framework 2023-2028
- Commercial partners and Affiliates
- Our Members & Associates
- Join AoC Sport
- Leagues & Cups
- Open Golf Championships
- Regional Tournaments
- National Championships
- National Representative Teams
- Fitness Trainer Competition
- AoC Sport Points
- AoC Sport Athletics
- Get Involved
- Student Leadership Programme
- Active Environmental Sustainability in Colleges
- FE Youth Collective
- AoC Sport Introducing
- Football Development
- Virtual Challenges
- Support & Influence
- News & Insights
- Member Area
- Meetings & Networks
- Skills, Jobs and Local Economy Reports
- Insight & Data
- Project Reports & Case Studies
- Sport and Inspection Resource Hub
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Teaching and Learning Resource Hub
- 2024 National Championships
The FA to explore the future of youth football in England
27th April 2023
The current provision of youth football in England from U7s to U18s is to be assessed, with the aim to identify new and exciting ways to improve the grassroots game for all young people
A project will be carried out to explore the future of youth football in England, which will help to identify new and exciting opportunities to improve grassroots football for young players across the country.
Across 2023, The FA will be engaging with the grassroots football community to assess the current setup for different age groups between U7s to U18s and explore if any further improvements can be introduced to help better support children’s developmental needs and serve the game at this level.
While AoC Sports' competitions sit outside of the scope due to offering U19 provision, any changes may have an impact on colleges that facilitate community usage on their site.
More information on the review of the future of youth football can be found here.
If you are interested in contributing to the consultation, please contact Dan Greenwood, Football Development Manager.