About AoC Sport
- About AoC Sport
- Who We Are
- AoC Sport Strategic Framework 2023-2028
- Commercial partners and Affiliates
- Our Members & Associates
- Join AoC Sport
- Leagues & Cups
- Open Golf Championships
- Regional Tournaments
- National Championships
- National Representative Teams
- Fitness Trainer Competition
- AoC Sport Points
- AoC Sport Athletics
- Get Involved
- Student Leadership Programme
- Active Environmental Sustainability in Colleges
- FE Youth Collective
- AoC Sport Introducing
- Football Development
- Virtual Challenges
- Support & Influence
- News & Insights
- Member Area
- Meetings & Networks
- Skills, Jobs and Local Economy Reports
- Insight & Data
- Project Reports & Case Studies
- Sport and Inspection Resource Hub
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Teaching and Learning Resource Hub
- 2024 National Championships
Applications open for FA Women’s Football Apprentice Funding 2022-2024
11th October 2021
ECFA, the football delivery arm of AoC Sport, is excited to announce additional funding for 10 colleges to apply for an FA Women’s Football Development Officer Apprentice.
The FA is investing in the programme as part of itsInspiring Positive Change strategy and aims to increase participation in women and girls football.
The apprentice will be employed by the college for a minimum of 22 months (August 2022-July 2024) and each apprentice will be tasked with addressing the drop-off in participation at ages 16-19 in female football.
Independent research has shown that the FA Women’s Football Apprentice model is an effective and sustainable solution to the development of the future workforce and to drive all aspects of the women and girls’ game.
The apprenticeship training will be delivered by Weston College, which will involve a combination of virtual learning and national training.
To apply, colleges must be an AoC Sport member and an ECFA Accredited College and be able to clearly evidence the need for the role, using the job description and application form below.
Questions to think about
- Is there a cross college strategy to increase female participation in sport and physical activity?
- Does your college need someone to help develop women’s football?
- Could this individual undertake an apprenticeship at the same time?
If the answer to the above is Yes your college could apply for FA Funding of £7,500 (per annum) to contribute towards the apprentice wage as well as a range of other benefits including:
- National Apprentice Training
- Access to The FA developed Behaviour Framework (and support to use this throughout)
- Expert ECFA Learning & Development programme
- Bespoke support from the National Football Development Coordinator at AoC Sport
- Access to a national network of Women’s Football Apprentices
Please see the documents below for more information.
Email all applications to Chelsea Mulheir by the extended deadline of 5pm on Friday 19 November 2021.
The Skype interviews will be held on the week commencing Monday 29 November 2021, with colleges being confirmed on Monday 13 December.