About AoC Sport
- About AoC Sport
- Who We Are
- AoC Sport Strategic Framework 2023-2028
- Commercial partners and Affiliates
- Our Members & Associates
- Join AoC Sport
- Leagues & Cups
- Open Golf Championships
- Regional Tournaments
- National Championships
- National Representative Teams
- Fitness Trainer Competition
- AoC Sport Points
- AoC Sport Athletics
- Get Involved
- Student Leadership Programme
- Active Environmental Sustainability in Colleges
- FE Youth Collective
- AoC Sport Introducing
- Football Development
- Virtual Challenges
- Support & Influence
- News & Insights
- Member Area
- Meetings & Networks
- Skills, Jobs and Local Economy Reports
- Insight & Data
- Project Reports & Case Studies
- Sport and Inspection Resource Hub
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Teaching and Learning Resource Hub
- 2024 National Championships
AoC Sport update on competition schedule for 2021/22
16th December 2021
As a result of the precautionary measures introduced by many colleges after the announcement that England will move to plan B of Covid restrictions and the impact of the BTEC examinations on fixture completion, it will be necessary to amend the previously published dates for cup matches in basketball, men’s football, hockey and netball.
Here are the revised dates:
- Round 4 scheduled for 12 January, must now be played by 2 February
- Round 5 scheduled for 2 February (Netball 9 February), to be played by 23 February
- Quarter final 9 March, as planned
- Semi Final 23 March, as planned
- Round 2 of the mixed hockey cup, scheduled for 12 January, must now be played by 2 February, with the dates of further rounds staying the same.
- Futsal festivals planned for 12 January will not now take place.
With several playing weeks already lost to Covid and examinations, these changes will put more pressure on the completion of league fixtures. We trust that you will do everything in your power to maximise student playing opportunities by rearranging matches.
Where both teams are in agreement, we would be happy for league fixtures to be played throughout the summer term and draw your attention to Rule 4 (administration of league competitions) and rule 5 (determination of leagues) of the Competition Rules.
National Championships Update
We are looking forward to welcoming the winners of our Regional Tournaments to our National Championships in April. We are aware that some colleges will be concerned about making bookings now due to the impact any future restrictions may have on the event.
AoC Sport will only issue invoices to competing colleges once we have agreed a full refunds policy with the University of Nottingham and our suppliers. A further update will be issued in early January.
The entry form for the National Championships will be sent out on the first day of the spring term, with the cost set at £70 per competitor plus £137 for two night’s half board accommodation.