This award aims to recognise the critical role undertaken by governors, leaders, and managers in developing capacity for sustained improvement in the quality of provision for students. Applications should provide:
- evidence of significant improvement in the students’ experience with a strong focus on the quality of teaching and learning to a consistently high level; and/or
- maintenance of a high level of quality whilst other significant change projects have taken place (for example college mergers or major intervention to improve the financial position)
The level of quality should be evidenced by students’ outcomes in the broadest sense.
The assessors will look for evidence that governors, leaders and managers have been visionary and ambitious for the college and have demonstrated a relentless and uncompromising focus on improving the teaching and learning experience. They will also look for a sustainable position with strong financial leadership.
Colleges should demonstrate how governors and leader meet the following:
- Transformational strategies driven by governors and leaders, resulting in significant improvement in teaching, learning and assessment and resultant performance for the benefit of employers, customers, students, staff and the community.
- A shared and student-focused culture that is supported by clearly set and routinely monitored targets for improvement.
- Highly effective strategic leadership of the institution, that ensure changes are sustainable.
- Clear identification of strategies and key transferable messages for securing improvement in governance and leadership; from which other colleges can learn.
Who are RSM?
RSM is a leading mid-tier provider of accountancy and business services. As an integrated team we are represented internationally and are the sixth largest global audit, tax and consulting network.
We have been providing a wide range of assurance and advisory services to the further education sector for more than 20 years and in that time our client base has grown significantly to over 200 colleges, as well as many training providers. Our training provider clients include not only charities and third sector bodies but also commercial organisations of many sizes.
How can we help?
The further education sector is going through a period of unprecedented change and organisations are facing many challenges.
Our further education specialists, based across the UK, understand the ever changing issues and regulatory needs, and are dedicated to help organisations achieve their objectives. Supporting organisations in preparing for, and implementing the recommendations of, area reviews is a current focus for our consultants.
We provide many of the services needed by further education organisations including:
- accounting and financial reporting;
- audit and assurance;
- business planning;
- corporate finance;
- due diligence;
- forensic services;
- insurance services;
- internal audit;
- international services;
- restructure and recovery;
- risk advisory;
- social impact services; and
Get in touch…
To find out more about RSM please visit our website.