ECFA Committee Youth Representative
20th July 2022
Salary: N/A (Voluntary) + travel expenses
Organisation: AoC Sport
Location: Home Based
Closing Date: 26 Aug 2022
An opportunity has arisen within AoC Sport as we recruit new members to our English Colleges Football Association (ECFA) Committee.
AoC Sport is looking for two youth members to join the ECFA Committee to create a diverse team with an appropriate mix of skills, experience and backgrounds for a modern, strategic and dynamic advisory group. The committee will provide a voice for members and give expert advice to AoC Sport board members and staff. We are keen that the committee membership represents the rich diversity of the staff and students in the sector we serve and therefore welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
We want the student voice to be represented on the ECFA Committee to ensure that young people have a voice in decisions affecting students and young people. We aim to provide a unique and exciting developmental opportunity for two young people interested in football development or passionate about driving change; and help accelerate their learning through attending meetings and contributing to ECFA committee business.
The ECFA Committee is one of three advisory groups to the AoC Sport Board. The membership of the committee includes:
- Up to eight senior college members (including Chairperson and Vice Chairperson)
- AoC Director of Sport and Student Experience (Ex Officio position)
- Up to three independent representatives (including The Football Association)
- Up to two young people (e.g. students, apprentices) as youth representatives (co-opted members)
What will be involved?
- The successful individuals will join the existing committee which is made up of eight senior staff members from colleges across the country, and independent member, an FA representative and AoC Sport staff representatives.
- Applicants will need to be available to attend four ECFA Committee meetings during 2022-2023. Meetings are held via teams with one meeting face to face during ECFA Cup Finals week in May. AoC Sport (or your college) will cover the cost of travel to and from meetings for both youth representatives. If / where you have a staff member already on Committee, transport to and from the meetings should be organised in liaison with your college staff representative.
- The successful individuals will need to be willing and confident to speak openly and provide their views during committee meetings.
What support will be available?
- Mentor support will be provided by AoC Sport staff to ensure the successful candidates are clear with their role and responsibilities, understand the purpose and agenda of each meeting / any associated meeting tasks, reflect on their experience regularly to maximise learning and are on hand to answer any questions.
What kind of skills, knowledge and experience is required?
- Knowledge, passion and experience is essential in one or more of the following areas:
- Football / Futsal Volunteering
- Increasing the number of students playing football or futsal
- Football / Futsal Coaching
- Refereeing in Football / Futsal
- Disability football / futsal and inclusion
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of playing football and/or futsal at college
- Experience of volunteering in football or futsal e.g. as a coach, leader, referee, organiser…
- The ability to build positive working relationships with a range of different people
- The ability to confidently communicate in meetings and via email remotely
- The ability to clearly articulate their point of view both verbally and in writing
- The ability to share their opinion on sensitive topics whilst remaining professional and diplomatic
- Knowledge of how to influence others
- An understanding of the work of AoC Sport / ECFA
- The ability to gather the views of others and share findings in summary
- An advocate for equal opportunities, diversity and inclusion,
- An active ambassador for FE football and futsal.
- As a minimum, preparation for and attendance at:
- Quarterly meetings of the ECFA Committee (3 of 4 online)
- An annual partnership event such as ECFA Cup Finals, the National Championships, the Annual Football Conference
- Other partner meetings, events such as conferences and launches or occasional local and national meetings with the FA and key partners when required
- Maintain contact with the Chair, National Football Development Manager and other relevant AoC staff.
- Maintain contact with stakeholders and influencers throughout the college and sport sectors.
How to Apply for ECFA Committee Membership
Please send a CV and an election statement (maximum of 400 words) detailing why you are the right volunteer to hold a position on the ECFA Committee in light of the information provided above, to Careers@aoc.co.uk by 5pm on Friday 12th August 2022. Please include your full name in the document title of your CV and election statement.
Please note that your equal opportunities form will be separated from your application and will not be considered by the shortlisting panel.
If you require any further information on the committee and this voluntary role please contact Dan Greenwood, National Football Development Manager via email@example.com.
AoC is committed to providing equal opportunities and embracing diversity. We encourage applications from everyone and will not discriminate against any applicants on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend any interview, please email us to let us know or contact the HR team via telephone: 020 7034 9900.