About AoC Sport
- About AoC Sport
- Who We Are
- AoC Sport Strategic Framework 2023-2028
- Commercial partners and Affiliates
- Our Members & Associates
- Join AoC Sport
- Leagues & Cups
- Open Golf Championships
- Regional Tournaments
- National Championships
- National Representative Teams
- Fitness Trainer Competition
- AoC Sport Points
- AoC Sport Athletics
- Get Involved
- Student Leadership Programme
- Active Environmental Sustainability in Colleges
- FE Youth Collective
- AoC Sport Introducing
- Football Development
- Virtual Challenges
- Support & Influence
- News & Insights
- Member Area
- Meetings & Networks
- Skills, Jobs and Local Economy Reports
- Insight & Data
- Project Reports & Case Studies
- Sport and Inspection Resource Hub
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Resources
- Teaching and Learning Resource Hub
- 2024 National Championships
Chester and Cheshire West Swimming Teacher Recruitment Academy
27th June 2022
If you want to become a swimming teacher and enjoy an active and rewarding role with Brio Leisure, based in Cheshire, then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
The academy allows aspiring teachers to receive all their training for only £79, compared to the usual cost of over £1,000. It includes mentoring to support your development, and you’ll be matched with an employer.
Successful applicants will complete their SEQ Level 1 Swimming Assistant (Teaching) and Level 2 Teaching Swimming qualifications and be supported through their training journey with Institute of Swimming Membership which includes over £100 worth of free e-learning. To help them develop, trainees will spend some time volunteering and get support from a mentor to ensure they have the necessary experience for the role and are ready to hit the poolside well equipped to teach.
Teaching swimming is an active and rewarding role. Work hours are generally part-time and there are a variety of working hours available across weekdays and weekends. For these roles, there may be an opportunity to work across the following leisure centres;
- Christleton Sports Centre, Plough Lane, Christleton, Chester, CH3 7AS
- Ellesmere Port Sports Village, Stanney Lane, Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, CH65 9LB
- Neston Recreation Centre, Raby Park Road, Neston, CH64 9NQ
- Northgate Arena, Victoria Road, Chester, CH2 2AU
- Northwich Memorial Court, Chesterway, Northwich, CW9 5QJ
- Winsford Lifestyle Centre, The Drumber, Winsford, CW7 1AD
Once qualified successful trainees will be employed as paid swimming teachers by Brio Leisure on a casual or part-time basis.
Applications close on 4 July 2022.
Interviews and meet and greet will take place on 12th July 2022 at Northgate Arena, Chester.
You don’t need any prior qualifications to apply as you will be supported through your training. Accepting applications from those who are halfway through their swimming teacher training or already have their level 1 or 2 qualifications.
To apply to the Swimming Teacher Recruitment Academy and for more information please visit this page - Chester and Cheshire West Swimming Teacher Recruitment Academy