AoC is pleased to announce it will be partnering with the Black FE Leadership Group, FE Associates, Morgan Hunt, Peridot Partners and Protocol to ensure anti-racist and diverse recruitment practices in the further education sector.
The full statement to support the development of open, inclusive and anti-racist recruitment practices in colleges is below:
Our plan to ensure anti-racist and diverse recruitment practices in the further education sector
As a group of search and recruitment firms dedicated to supporting the leadership of the FE sector, we are pleased to support the objectives of the Black FE Leadership Group (BFELG), and specifically item 6 of the BFELG 10 Point Plan: College recruitment processes, including the deployment of recruitment companies, to proactively address imbalances in the diversity of leadership at all levels.
As recruitment professionals, we recognise the need for a shift in approaches to the development, attraction and recruitment of leaders and governors. We are seeking to proactively address imbalances in the diversity of leadership at all levels, particularly through the development of anti-racist practices and approaches.
In publishing this statement, we are making the following commitments:
- We will actively support the development of a talent pipeline, working to support the career aspirations and development of black colleagues
- We will proactively support our clients to develop anti-racist and inclusive approaches, behaviours and practices in the recruitment and selection of leaders and governors
- We will undertake a detailed audit of our own search and recruitment practices as they relate to the engagement and support for black candidates during the recruitment and selection process
- On an annual basis we will collectively publish data covering ethnicity at three stages of the recruitment process (application, shortlist and appointment)
- We will constructively challenge our clients where we encounter practices, behaviours and processes which serve to limit opportunities for black colleagues and share best practice to ensure the sector overall benefits from the shared expertise of search and recruitment professionals.
In order to further our objectives and commitments we will produce and publish a joint action plan with milestones by October 2021 which captures the actions we will take to deliver our commitments. Our action plan will be shared with the sector.
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org