AoC has signed a letter alongside of a cross-sector coalition of over 200 businesses, educationalists, charities, and young people, calling on the government to reconsider its education recovery plans.
The Fair Education Alliance letter proposes a recovery plan to commit to the £13.5bn to:
- Support and development for the education workforce with a focus on supporting disadvantaged students
- Increased investment in provision of enrichment activities for children from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Investment in increasing parental, carer, and community engagement in learning (beyond the early years)
- Continued allocation of funds for 1:1 and small group tuition/coaching with a focus on disadvantage
- Investment in careers education targeted for disadvantaged young people
- A renewed focus on how the accountability system promotes fairness
- Tackling the digital divide through investment in technology
You can read the full letter here.