The Association of Colleges (AoC) Beacon Awards celebrate the best and most innovative practice among UK further education (FE) colleges. It is managed by the Association of Colleges and run through the AoC Charitable Trust - a registered charity. This is the 25th year of the awards and we hope every college will apply and be part of this extra special year in the history of the awards.
We are delighted to again be working with TES to celebrate and promote our respective awards and share and celebrate the commended and winning Beacon Award case studies.
Together with our sponsors of each award, we have eight categories that we know colleges are doing exceptional work in.
- AoC Award for Mental Health and Wellbeing
- British Council International award
- The Careers and Enterprise Company Award for Innovation in Careers and Enterprise
- City & Guilds Award for College engagement with employers
- Edge Award for excellence in Real World Learning
- Jisc Award for Effective use of digital technology in Further Education
- Pears #iwill Award for Social Action and Student Engagement
- RCU Award for Support for Students
For the first time this year, our Chief Assessors will be hosting a webinar to go through the application process and provide some tips and tricks to a successful application. This is being hosted on Wednesday 19 June, 12.30pm. This session will include a live Q&A, however if you can't tune in on Wednesday the session will be available on demand. You can register here.
If you would like to find out more about the awards, please refer to the awards section of the AoC website where you will find the Beacon Prospectus and Guide to Applicants.
Applications are open from 12 June to 8 July, 12noon.