- About Us
- About Association of Colleges
- AoC Governance
- AoC Regions
- AoC Services
- AoC Charitable Trust
- AoC Sport
- Our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Work
- Our Climate and Sustainability Work
- Work for AoC
- About Colleges
- Corporate Services
- Data Protection/GDPR
Employment Services - college workforce
- Employment Services - college workforce
- Introduction & Employment Helpline
- Absence & Sickness Management
- Contracts and T&Cs
- Disciplinary, Capability & Grievance
- Employment Briefings Library
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- General Employee Relations & HR Issues
- Health & Wellbeing
- Industrial Relations
- Pay & Pensions
- Redundancy, Restructuring & TUPE
- Workforce Benchmarking, Surveys & Research
- Sustainability & Climate Action Hub
- Funding & Finance
- Meet the Policy Team
- Education Policy
- Policy Briefings
- Policy Groups
- FE White Paper Group
- Academic and Sixth Form Policy Group
- Apprenticeships Policy Group
- Curriculum Reform Policy Group
- Cities and Towns Policy Group
- Employment Policy Group
- English and Maths Policy Group
- Finance and Sustainability Policy Group
- HE Policy Group
- HR Policy Group
- Mental Health Policy Group
- Quality and Accountability Policy Group
- SEND Delivery Policy Group
- SEND Special Interest Group
- Teaching, Learning and Assessment Policy Group
- Technology Special Interest Group
- AoC International Special Interest Group
- AoC WorldSkills Special Interest Group
- Policy, Submissions & Publications
- Policy Papers
- Research Unit
News, Campaigns & Parliament
- News, Campaigns & Parliament
- Comms advice and resources for colleges
- Contact the Comms Team
- AoC Newsroom
- AoC Blogs
- Work in Parliament
- AoC Campaigns
Fitness Trainer Competition winners announced for 2021
26th November 2021
The medallists from the World Skills UK Fitness Trainer Competition were revealed at a special virtual ceremony on 26 November.
The live ceremony was hosted by Channel 4’s Steph McGovern and the gold, silver and bronze medallists were announced in each of the different categories.
The national winner of the 2021 Fitness Trainer Competition, sponsored by Active IQ, was Rhys Edmunds from Coleg Gwent.
Rhys performed well throughout the stages of competition and provided the judging team with some very memorable and exciting sessions. He brings passion, personality and creativity to his craft and has recently started his career as a Personal Trainer after completing his Level 3 Personal Trainer with Coleg Gwent.
The silver medal was given to Anna Crowley of City of Glasgow College and, for the first time in the competition’s history, a joint bronze medal was awarded to Coleg Gwent’s Shannon Greenway and Tyne Coast College’s Matty Ferguson.
The competition was one of the closest in recent years and reflects how well the finalists adapted and coped with the different scenarios.
Jenni Waddington from Cheshire College South & West was highly commended for her efforts, while Jamie Tawse of City of Glasgow College scooped the judge’s award.
ACTIVE IQ QUOTE
The Fitness Trainer finals took place face-to-face for the first time since 2019 at Loughborough College.
Eight competitors from across the UK came together for two days and were assessed on elements such as taking a personal trainer session, demonstrating exercises, completing an industry-based interview, fitness testing, small group classes and more.
On top of this, competitors were interviewed by our headline sponsor Active IQ and involved in various promotional activities and personal development opportunities throughout the competition.