In response government guidance the senior leadership team at Nelson and Colne College Group are considering taking the following steps.
- Identifying particular groups of students in the College including vulnerable learners at risk learners; students for whom on-line learning and studying at home has been particularly challenging, for example Foundation students; some level 3 year 1 students.
- Planning an offer that will enable student learning and contact predicated on the needs of the individual or group.
- Timetabling based upon the learner group. For example, single appointment based meetings for level 3 year 1 students with their tutor; attendance either morning or afternoon for small groups of foundation learning students, maximum class size 6 attending.
- Reducing the opening times of the College site, avoiding students being on site over lunchtime period as refectory services will not be available.
- Considering the staffing complement to include identifying additional learning support for SEND students and also taking into the potential reduction of availability of teachers/support staff due to personal underlying health conditions.
- Zoning of the College estate. This will enable the leadership team to manage student flow entering, when on site and leaving the site. In addition, classroom size and layout will be rearranged to observe social distancing and effectively manage movement in class.
- An increase in facilities staffing to ensure regular wipedown throughout the day and cleandown at the end of each day. Careful management of toileting facilities to ensure flow into and out of zoned toilets.