- About Us
- About Association of Colleges
- AoC Governance
- AoC Regions
- AoC Charitable Trust
- AoC Sport
- Our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Work
- Our Climate and Sustainability Work
- Our Work Across the Four Nations
- AoC National Chairs' Council
- Work for AoC
- About Colleges
- Corporate Services
- Data Protection/GDPR
Employment Services - college workforce
- Employment Services - college workforce
- Introduction & Employment Helpline
- Absence & Sickness Management
- Contracts and T&Cs
- Disciplinary, Capability & Grievance
- Employment Briefings Library
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- General Employee Relations & HR Issues
- Industrial Relations
- ONS reclassification related guidance
- Pay & Pensions
- Redundancy, Restructuring & TUPE
- Workforce Benchmarking, Surveys & Research
- Get Involved!
- The 5Rs Approach to GCSE Maths Resits
- Apprenticeship Workforce Development (AWD) Programme
- Creating a Greener London – Sustainable Construction Skills
- Erasmus+ EXPECT Project
- Digital Roles Across Non-digital Industries
- T Level and T Level Foundation Year Provider Support Programme
- The Valuing Enrichment Project
- Higher and Extended Project Qualifications
- OfS - Higher Education Social Prescribing Project
- Pears Foundation Youth Social Action Programme: Phase 2
- Pears #Iwill Youth Social Action Apprenticeship Project
- T Level Professional Development (TLPD) Offer
- T Level Curriculum Macro-Sequencing
- Contact the Projects Team
- Sustainability & Climate Action Hub
- Honours Nomination
- Recruitment & Consultancy
Events & Training
- Events & Training
- T Level & T Level Foundation Year Events
- Network Meetings
- Annual Conference & Exhibition 2023 Resources
- Previous Events & Webinars
- In-House Training
- Senior Leadership Development Programme
- Introducing AoC's Early Career and Experienced Middle Managers Programme
- Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
- Funding & Finance
- Meet the Policy Team
- Policy Areas
- Policy Briefings
- Policy Papers & Reports
- AoC Strategy Groups
AoC Reference Groups
- AoC Reference Groups
- Adults (inc. ESOL) Reference Group
- Apprenticeship Reference Group
- Technology Reference Group
- HE Reference Group
- 14-16 Reference Group
- Mental Health Reference Group
- 16-18 Reference Group
- SEND Reference Group
- WorldSkills Reference Group
- HR Reference Group
- Sustainability & Climate Change Reference Group
- EDI Reference Group
- Research Unit
News, Campaigns & Parliament
- News, Campaigns & Parliament
- Comms advice and resources for colleges
- Contact the Communications, Media, Marketing and Research Team
- AoC Newsroom
- AoC Blogs
- Work in Parliament
- AoC Campaigns
- Love Our Colleges
CREAM OF THE CROP by Lisa Rhodes, Northern College
Anxious and nervous as I walk through the doors.
Forcing my feet to move and pushing myself to get into an educational groove.
I found my class, sat with my head down, but as I lift my head and look around.
I see my classmates for the first time and recognise the look upon their face.
They look just how I feel.
Nicky was our first tutor, just for a short time.
She was bubbly, kind and easy to like.
Next, we met the Ruth, who is such a bad ass,
She is such a blast.
But, by heck she pushed us real hard.
Not in a bad way, she wants us to succeed.
To grasp all this English and made sure we understand it.
Let’s not forget Sue who was there from start.
Help and support that’s what Sue does.
When we were stuck, she explained in a way that we understood.
At the end of the course.
I’m all simile’d out and metaphorically drained.
But I open my eyes and see what I’ve gained.
It’s given me courage to jump on the educational train.
To work hard, to reach my potential, to believe that one day,
I will pass all my courses and get my dream job.
But I didn’t think it was possible until I met Ruth, Nicky and Sue.
So here is a big thank you for taking time reach and teach me.
Educational Guru’s that’s what you all are.
And Northern College you certainly have, the cream of the crop.