- About Us
- About Association of Colleges
- AoC Governance
- AoC Regions
- AoC Charitable Trust
- AoC Sport
- Our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Work
- Our Climate and Sustainability Work
- Our Work Across the Four Nations
- AoC National Chairs' Council
- Work for AoC
- About Colleges
- Corporate Services
- Data Protection/GDPR
Employment Services - college workforce
- Employment Services - college workforce
- Introduction & Employment Helpline
- Absence & Sickness Management
- Contracts and T&Cs
- Disciplinary, Capability & Grievance
- Employment Briefings Library
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
- General Employee Relations & HR Issues
- Industrial Relations
- ONS reclassification related guidance
- Pay & Pensions
- Redundancy, Restructuring & TUPE
- Workforce Benchmarking, Surveys & Research
- Get Involved!
- The 5Rs Approach to GCSE Maths Resits
- Apprenticeship Workforce Development (AWD) Programme
- Creating a Greener London – Sustainable Construction Skills
- Erasmus+ EXPECT Project
- Digital Roles Across Non-digital Industries
- T Level and T Level Foundation Year Provider Support Programme
- The Valuing Enrichment Project
- Higher and Extended Project Qualifications
- OfS - Higher Education Social Prescribing Project
- Pears Foundation Youth Social Action Programme: Phase 2
- Pears #Iwill Youth Social Action Apprenticeship Project
- T Level Professional Development (TLPD) Offer
- T Level Curriculum Macro-Sequencing
- Contact the Projects Team
- Sustainability & Climate Action Hub
- Honours Nomination
- Recruitment & Consultancy
- Events & Training
- Funding & Finance
- Meet the Policy Team
- Policy Areas
- Policy Briefings
- Policy Papers & Reports
- AoC Strategy Groups
AoC Reference Groups
- AoC Reference Groups
- Adults (inc. ESOL) Reference Group
- Apprenticeship Reference Group
- Technology Reference Group
- HE Reference Group
- 14-16 Reference Group
- Mental Health Reference Group
- 16-18 Reference Group
- SEND Reference Group
- WorldSkills Reference Group
- HR Reference Group
- Sustainability & Climate Change Reference Group
- EDI Reference Group
- Research Unit
News, Campaigns & Parliament
- News, Campaigns & Parliament
- Comms advice and resources for colleges
- Contact the Communications, Media, Marketing and Research Team
- AoC Newsroom
- AoC Blogs
- Work in Parliament
- AoC Campaigns
Love Our Colleges
- Love Our Colleges
- Colleges Week 2023
- Creative Writing in FE - Developing student voice through the written word
Luana Ribeiro, Lincoln College
It's late at night right now.
The sky never fails to please my soul with its beauty.
Each star invigorating me with their shine
The dark sky compliments each star.
The headphones bursting music through my ears calming me from a tiring day.
The cold grass sent shivers coursing through my body.
I don’t move though.
I want to appreciate this.
I close my eyes feeling the wind brushing past my face and hair.
The music still filling my head and excluding every negative thought that the secret part of me may come up with.
They constantly follow me everywhere.
There’s always something negative to think about.
No matter the situation though,
Music is my therapy.
The night sky.
And this free feeling is my home.
But the sky does look beautiful tonight.
I wish this could last forever.
I will let all the stars hypnotise me into peace.
At least just for a little while longer.