This award recognises where the effective use of technology has improved student experience, either through enhancements to teaching, learning and assessment, or through creating business efficiencies which have enabled positive change.
The assessors will be looking for applications which demonstrate how new models of delivery and/or ways of working have had significant impact on both students and the college workforce, whether used across the institution or in specific curriculum/business areas.
Applications should include comprehensive evidence of positive student outcomes, financial savings, student voice/employer feedback and digital engagement statistics which clearly demonstrates many of the following:
- Effective new models of delivery and/or assessment which enhance the learning experience and result in a significant increase in student outcomes, including student retention, achievement, progression and satisfaction
- The use of technology which has resulted in the improvement in the quality of teaching, learning and assessment and enriched the curriculum
- Effective use of technology which enables the development of increased organisational efficiency and has achieved significant quantified savings, in business processes and delivery of learning and other services, and/or released time and money
- Effective leadership in developing and sustaining a digitally capable institution via the wider use of technology to support learning and institutional development
- Innovative use of technology contributing to the development of the curriculum – including digital skills - to meet the needs of the community the college serves
- A transferable model which can be cascaded and adopted by other institutions.
Jisc - Who are we?
Jisc is the UK organisation, of the sector for the sector by the sector, providing digital solutions for education and research.
Jisc is dedicated to advancing your success by ensuring we add value and deliver savings to every university, college and learning provider as well and the sectors as a whole.
All of our work is done through close partnership and engagement with you.
Because we are owned by you and are not-for-profit, we invest every pound we have on the services, solutions and innovation that you need.
What we do
- We use our strength and expertise to negotiate with powerful technology vendors and publishers on your behalf
- We champion your interests through innovation and new thinking by representing you in important UK, European and international fora
- We take on leadership mandates to tackle the big digital challenges and opportunities that face the sector
- We provide you with the infrastructure, digital resources and advice and engagement services and solutions that you need, and use every day
- We underpin our services and solutions with ongoing research and development carried with you and for you
Our sole purpose is to help you succeed, by enabling you to make the best strategic and practical use of digital technology and digital resources to achieve your vision. Visit us at www.jisc.ac.uk to find out what we can do for you.