The Colleges' Finance Directors' Group (CFDG) is the national group for college finance professionals. It represents their interests to Government and others, supports their professional interests and takes forward important issues.
CFDG was established in the mid 1990s and has helped develop high standards of financial management in a difficult and changing climate for colleges. Among other things, CFDG members have:
- helped secure the successful buyout of the Crescent Purchasing Consortium from Salford University and its continued success as the only purchasing organisation focused solely on colleges;
- worked over the years with the British Universities Finance Directors' Group (BUFDG) to develop accounting standards for post-16 education (the Further and Higher Education SORP) and with the funding agencies and AoC to develop college-specific guidance.
CFDG's current work includes:
- a forum for discussing and priotising funding issues;
- monitoring the progress of the Crescent Purchasing Consortium;
- advising AoC on its work to support financial leadership and management in colleges;
- working with AoC Create on the annual finance directors conference.
CFDG is organised via nine regional networks, which elect a national group which meets three times a year at AoC London office.
The national CFDG chair is David Pullein from Leeds College of Building. The vice-chair is Lynne French from Tameside College in Greater Manchester.