The award will recognise exemplary practice in the delivery of provision that is responsive to the needs of employers. It will be granted to the college best providing a direct service to employers to meet their skills needs and/or engaging employers to support the development of employability skills within the curriculum.
Applications should demonstrate a clear, long-term vision and partnership with employers, reflected in provision which enables development of a skilled workforce and contributes to economic development in response to identified skills priorities and levels of unemployment.
Assessors will be looking for evidence of:
- A whole college approach to meeting the training, development and recruitment needs of employers reflected in the college’s three-year development plan and investment in employment related training.
- Responsiveness to key economic and training priorities identified by local enterprise partnerships or other strategic and systematic analysis of local or regional skills needs.
- Systematic networking and collaboration with other organisations to provide a comprehensive response to meeting the training needs of employees, those seeking employment and students.
- A successful record of managers, leaders, teachers, trainers and support staff in delivering sustained levels of employer engagement demonstrated by feedback from employers and leading to improvements in the curriculum
- Well managed investment in training and development of college staff, and the provision of up-to-date facilities and equipment to industry standards demonstrated by high success and achievement rates for students.
- Development and implementation of flexible teaching, learning and assessment methods that overcome barriers to accessing learning, and respond to the needs of employers and students.