Colleges are delivering the skills for a stronger, more competitive North East. They are providing technical and professional training for young people, adults and employers; preparing over 100,000 students with the valuable skills needed to make our economy prosper.
9 colleges have come together to support the Journal’s Let’s Work Together campaign, designed to encourage North East companies to work together with education on addressing the region’s skills gap. The campaign aims to get to the heart of the challenges caused by skills shortages in the North East and showcase the creative ways in which many firms are tackling the issue.
The role of North East Colleges in meeting the skills challenge is crucial and we will be showcasing the many ways in which we are doing this throughout the campaign.
The 9 North East Colleges involved are:-
- Derwentside College - college contact : Susan Errington
- East Durham College - college contact : Emma Norbury
- Gateshead College - college contact : Nadine Hudspeth
- Newcastle College
- New College Durham - college contact : Mark Anderson
- Northumberland College
- South Tyneside College
- Sunderland College - college contact : Iain Nixon
- Tyne Metropolitan College - college contact : Audrey Kingham