Numerous Government departments and sector organisations collect and produce statistics relating to colleges.
This below list of links about college statistics is a useful resource for colleges on the following topics:
- statistics on student numbers and achievement
- staff numbers
- college funding and financial data
- higher education statistics
Post 16 learning statistics, research and information:
The Skills Funding Agency (an executive agency of the Department for Business Innovation and Skills) has the main responsibility for the dissemination of post-16 learning statistics. The Department for Education also has some responsibility.
- All FE and skills statistics
- FE data library
- National success rates for further education colleges
- A Level statistics (including qualification statistics for school sixth forms)
- Data on young people (including schools) - DfE statistics
- School and college perfomance tables
- FE and Skills research
- DfE Research
- UTCs (University Technical Colleges)
Statistics on staff in Colleges:
The Education and Training Foundation has responsibity for the annual collection and analysis of further education and skills workforce data.
- Details of staff data collection 2015/16 - refresh
- Staff numbers in Further Education - 2014/15
- Staff numbers in Further Education - 2014/15 - ETF Press Release
- Staff numbers in Further Education - 2013/14
- Staff numbers in Further Education - 2012/13
- Staff numbers in Further Education - 2011/12
- Staff numbers in Further Education - 2010/11
- Staff data collection system and reporting portal
- Staff numbers in FE 2003/04 to 2009/10 (archived LLUK website)
College funding and financial data:
- College accounts (including historical data)
- Adult funding allocations to colleges and other providers funded by the Skills Funding Agency
- Current 16-18 funding allocations to colleges and other providers funded by the Education and Training Foundation
- Archived 16-18 funding allocations to colleges
Skills and employment research and statistics:
UK Commission for Employment and Skills (UKCES) is a Non-Departmental Public Body providing strategic leadership on skills and employment issues in the four nations of the UK.
- Employer Skills Survey 2013
- Employer Skills Survey 2011
- Employer Perspectives Surveys 2010, 2012, 2014
- UKCES Research
- UKCES Publications
- UKCES Statistics
- UKCES archived publications (2013 and earlier)
Higher education statistics:
- Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
- Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA)
- University and College Admissions Service (UCAS)
- The Education and Training Foundation is the sector-owned body, formed to raise standards in teaching, leadership and workforce development within the education and skills sector
- National Foundation for Education Research (NFER) is a not for profit independent research organisation carrying out research in the field of education.
- Quality Asssurance Agency (QAA) - Higher Education Empirical Research Database. QAAs mission is to safeguard standards and improve the quality of UK higher education.