09 November 2012
Location: Warrington Business School, Warrington
AoC is running 3 regional events with the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills to set out what the changes to current vetting and barring/CRB arrangements mean for their future child protection regimes.
Key event outputs:
These events are only open to Colleges and will be of relevance to further education Colleges only.
- The events will explain the new Disclosure and Barring Service specifically in the context of further education Colleges.
- Delegates will gain an understanding of the abolishment of 'controlled activity' and the scaling back of 'regulated activity', as well as Colleges' eligibility for criminal records and barred list checks under the new laws.
- Delegates will gain an understanding of how the inspection of safeguarding will change under the new Common Inspection Framework 2012 in light of the changes.
- Advice will be given on adopting a risk assessment approach to safeguarding.
- Delegates will have the opportunity to ask questions directly to the policy makers and receive practical advice on implementing the changes in their institutions.
For further information or to book a place, please visit our registration website.
View all events