05 December 2012
09:00 - 15:30
Location: Prospero House, London
The SEN Green Paper "Support and Aspiration", the Next Steps document and the Children and Families Bill are making very significant changes to the assessment and provision of education and services for children and young people with learning difficulties and/or disabilities. All these Papers will include new duties on Colleges and changes to funding.
This conference will explore exactly what these changes will mean for Colleges, their staff and students.
The programme will cover:
• changes in the draft clauses of the Children and Families Bill and their impact on the way colleges work;
• changes to high needs pupil funding and how colleges should manage these;
• the impact of the Wolf reforms of the curriculum;
• the work of the SEND Pathfinders trialling elements of the reforms;
• progress of the LSIS Clusters;
• feedback from the Supported Internship Pilot;
• the College Inclusion Charter
"A valuable conference that should be attended by senior management as it outlined Ofsted expectation/the future of funding and a lot of examples of creative practice".
"A very interesting conference with a lot of information sharing. Very important for the future expectation of FE colleges and supported learners."
For further information or to book your place visit our registration website.
Who should attend?
Senior managers with responsibility for provision for LLDD, Foundation Learning; 14-19; the curriculum;
College practitioners and support staff