26 June 2012
High Quality Apprenticeships
Location: London - Venue tbc
As one of the few initiatives where there is scope for growth, apprenticeships are at the heart of the Government agenda. A survey conducted at last year's Annual Conference shows that apprenticeships are at the top of AoC members' development agenda with challenges around growing apprenticeship numbers; improving employer engagement; meeting the requirements of SASE and embedding Functional Skills at the same time as delivering high quality outcomes.
This one day workshop will bring together those with an interest in the management of Apprenticeship provision and expanding Apprenticeship numbers. It will focus on sharing and developing best practice.
Objectives of the day
- To understand the learner journey for apprentices and to evaluate the improvement of the key delivery processes
- To review strategies for effective employer engagement, meeting the requirements of SASE and how to embed Functional Skills.
- To better understand the processes the quality assurance of Apprenticeship provision, and techniques for driving up timely and overall success.
- To review Ofsted Inspection findings on Apprenticeships and identify the key messages emerging from the current cycle of inspections.
- To understand the learner journey for apprenticeships and to evaluate the improvement of key delivery processes.
What will I get out of it?
- Information and advice on employer engagement, recruitment and apprenticeship expansion
- Information from a successful College on the factors critical to the success of apprenticeships
- An overview of the recent findings from Ofsted as this applies to apprenticeships
- An opportunity to meet others responsible for managing apprenticeship provision and to share expertise, and identify common solutions.
Who should attend?
- Vice Principals
- Directors of Quality Improvement
- Staff involved in the Employer Responsiveness/Apprenticeship provision
For further information or to book online please visit: www.aoccreateevents.co.uk/apprenticeships
View all events